- Mix milk and shortening in a suace pan over low heat unitl shortening is melted
- Place yeast and warm water in a bowl for 5 minutes until yeast blooms
- Place yeast mixture and shortening mixture in the bottom of a stand mixer
- Add in eggs, sugar, salt and half of the flour, mix until combined
- Add the other half of flour
- Beat with dough hook for 3-5 minutes, until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl
- Transfer to a lightly greased bowl
- Let raise until doubled in size
- Roll out onto a flour surface
- Cut appropriate size and shape of doughnuts or doughnut holes
- Let raise for 30 minutes
- Fry in 365 degree oil until golden brown
This is a snaphot of the dough after it doubled in size, waiting to be poured out and rolled out.
This shows how light the dough was after it had a chance to raise.
Doughnut holes in the forground and doughnuts in the background after they have raised.