Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sweet Potato Carrot Vichyssoise

I was scanning a food website about a month ago and came across a carrot vichyssoise recipe, I was intrigued, but not enough to make it right away. I sat on the idea for a while and made some modifications. I didn't write the recipe down but vichyssoise is normally made up of leaks and potatoes. I decided that I would replace the potatoes with sweet potatoes. It turned out amazing. I tied the vichyssoise warm and cold. I think that it had wonderful flavor warm and cold. I served it with Greek yogurt, it added a slightly tangy but creamy texture.






Ingredients:
  • 3 sweet potatoes
  • 2 leeks
  • 6 carrots
  • 6 cups chicken stock


  • Slice the leeks down the center and rinse under running water
  • Slice the leeks making half moons
  • Place leeks into cool water so the residual dirt can fall to the bottom of the container
  • Peel and cube the sweet potatoes
  • Peel and chop carrots into 1 inch sections
  • Place into a dutch oven and boil vegetables until tender
  • Blend in small batches with the lid part way open to allow for steam to escape
  • Serve warm or cold



No comments:

Post a Comment