Monday, October 11, 2010

Monster Cookies


To start off, I am sorry that I didn't take process pictures of these cookies. I went and got my camera out of my backpack and discovered rather quickly that I had left my memory card at school. I was bummed, but not enough to get into my car and drive to school to get the card before starting the cookies. I also forgot to mention that I had to work, so time was very limited. I really just wanted to eat a cookie or five and not have to wait until after work!


Monster cookies may just be my favorite cookies of all time. I LOVE them. (How can you go wrong with a peanut butter and oatmeal cookie base with peanut butter M&M's? The correct answer is you can't!) I could sit and eat them all day, but that would be very bad!


I had a recipe for these cookies from my mom, but it made a million cookies. I didn't think there was any reason to make that many so I scaled it back as well as cut some of the sugar out. They tasted just as good as I remembered even without all the sugar.

Recipe:

1/2 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

3 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

2 tsp soda

1 1/4 cups peanut butter

4 1/2 cups oatmeal

1 medium bag peanut butter m&m's

1/2 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

  • preheat oven to 350
  • Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
  • cream together butter, peanut butter, baking soda and both sugars
  • add vanilla and eggs mix until combined
  • stir in oatmeal, m&m's and chocolate chips just until wet dough is formed
  • drop onto prepared pan with a tsp sized cookie scoop
  • bake 8-10 minutes (centers will be soft) let rest on 3-5 minutes until cookies are set
  • remove to a cooling rack
  • enjoy eating

I think that the next time I make these cookies I will reduce the sugar even more. I will take the white sugar down to 1/2 cup and the brown sugar down to 3/4 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment