To start off, I am sorry that I didn't take process pictures of these cookies. I went and got my camera out of my backpack and discovered rather quickly that I had left my memory card at school. I was bummed, but not enough to get into my car and drive to school to get the card before starting the cookies. I also forgot to mention that I had to work, so time was very limited. I really just wanted to eat a cookie or five and not have to wait until after work!
Monster cookies may just be my favorite cookies of all time. I LOVE them. (How can you go wrong with a peanut butter and oatmeal cookie base with peanut butter M&M's? The correct answer is you can't!) I could sit and eat them all day, but that would be very bad!
I had a recipe for these cookies from my mom, but it made a million cookies. I didn't think there was any reason to make that many so I scaled it back as well as cut some of the sugar out. They tasted just as good as I remembered even without all the sugar.
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp soda
1 1/4 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 medium bag peanut butter m&m's
1/2 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- cream together butter, peanut butter, baking soda and both sugars
- add vanilla and eggs mix until combined
- stir in oatmeal, m&m's and chocolate chips just until wet dough is formed
- drop onto prepared pan with a tsp sized cookie scoop
- bake 8-10 minutes (centers will be soft) let rest on 3-5 minutes until cookies are set
- remove to a cooling rack
- enjoy eating
I think that the next time I make these cookies I will reduce the sugar even more. I will take the white sugar down to 1/2 cup and the brown sugar down to 3/4 cup.