Wednesday, September 1, 2010

AUGUST 2010 DARING BAKERS CHALLENGE ~ Nutty and toasty meets cool and creamy... | The Daring Kitchen

AUGUST 2010 DARING BAKERS CHALLENGE ~ Nutty and toasty meets cool and creamy... The Daring Kitchen: "The August 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Elissa of 17 and Baking. For the first time, The Daring Bakers partnered with Sugar High Fridays for a co-event and Elissa was the gracious hostess of both. Using the theme of beurre noisette, or browned butter, Elissa chose to challenge Daring Bakers to make a pound cake to be used in either a Baked Alaska or in Ice Cream Petit Fours. The sources for Elissa’s challenge were Gourmet magazine and David Lebovitz’s “The Perfect Scoop”."
When I first read this assignment I was not really excited, because I had just done an ice cream assignment last month. That quickly changed when I thought about it. I have always wanted to make Baked Alaska and never had any reason to, but now I had my reason. I decided to take the leap and make a Meyer Lemon Ice Cream with a Browned Butter Pound Cake. I topped it all off with a Swiss Butter Cream. It was one of the best tasting desserts that I have ever made, but how can you go wrong with a lot of cream and a lot of butter? I loved it! I would have to say the Meyer Lemon Ice Cream was my favorite part.
Recipe to follow soon!





















No comments:

Post a Comment