Thursday, July 22, 2010

Apricot Jam

I had the pleasure of picking a ice cream pail of apricots last week. I took them home and they sat on my counter for a few days before I finally decided to make them into jam. I must start out by saying that I have never made jam before. It was a gratifying experience, simple and straight forward.
(Well worth the effort, much better than anything you can buy at the grocery store!)


Ingredients:

  • 4.5 cups chopped apricots
  • 1 cup apple juice
  • .75 cups agave nectar
  • 1 package fruit pectin

The anticipation is rising as the jam is cooking, I cannot wait until it is finished.


Finished product:

"POP, POP, POP" The sound of jars sealing, what a wonderful noise. There is nothing better than fresh jam on a piece of toasted flat bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment